Pennsylvania is home to literally tens of thousands of miles of hiking and biking trails!
From rugged and remote hiking trails like the Loyalsock Trail to well-maintained bike paths like the Great Allegheny Passage, Pennsylvania has a trail for you.
Even the most famous hiking trail in the eastern United States, the Appalachian Trail, has its midpoint in Pennsylvania.
What I’ll share with you here are some of my favorite hiking and biking trails in Pennsylvania, as well as some of the incredible sights you’ll find along them.
Latest PA Hiking/Biking Trail Articles
- The 20 Best Hiking Trails Near State College
- Exploring the Blue Rock Swinging Bridge in Elk County
- Hiking to the Clear Shade Creek Swinging Bridge
- Hiking the Cedar Creek Gorge Trail in Westmoreland County
- 11 PA Rail Trails Anyone Can Enjoy
- The Best Trails, Vistas, and Waterfalls in the PA Grand Canyon
- Hiking the Alan Seeger Trail in Huntingdon County
- Exploring the Mason and Dixon Line Park along the Great Allegheny Passage
- Hiking the Mount Pisgah Trail in Jim Thorpe
- Hiking the Marilla Bridges Trail in McKean County
- Hiking the Fred Woods Trail in Cameron County
- Hiking Hobie’s Trail at Colyer Lake Near State College
- 10 of the Best Hiking Trails at Ohiopyle State Park
- Hiking the Ferncliff Trail at Ohiopyle State Park
- Exploring Spruce Flats Bog in Westmoreland County
- Hiking the 1000 Steps in Huntingdon County
- Hiking Mount Nittany Near State College
- Exploring the Salisbury Viaduct in Somerset County
- Exploring the Turkey Path at Leonard Harrison State Park
- Hiking the Meadow Run Trail at Ohiopyle State Park
- Hiking the Mitchell Trail at Ohiopyle State Park
- Hiking the Flat Rock Trail at Colonel Denning State Park
- Exploring the Big Savage Tunnel along the Great Allegheny Passage